Social Media
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, it is difficult to be at home with my parents, there are days when I don't feel like doing anything. But hey, In this post I will write about social media.
I regularly use many social media platforms, such as: youtube, pinterest, whatsapp, Ucursos, Twitter and my favorite: Instagram.
I prefer Instagram because it has all the tools of other social media, such as the publication of photos, information, videos, face filters, chat, send content with a time limit, among others. I also really like its distribution of information, I love seeing images all day, I think it is something generational, since new generations like to watch videos, TikTok being the trendiest social media.
Some time ago I saw the documentary: The Social Dilemma. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. After watching it I could realize that it has more cons than pros. Basically we are the product and they fight for our attention, because of what they know our psychological profile, so that we continue within their virtual platform.Another personal criticism is the adoration towards a certain type of aesthetics and certain types of bodies, mostly slim or muscular. I also realize the worship of happiness and capitalist success. But their pros have to do with the fact that they keep us connected, talking to dear people who may not be around. I also like how each one personalizes their virtual mask, we express a lot in our instagram profiles. They also serve as dissident media to television, so the information is more free and is not limited so that we think in a certain way. What would the social outbreak of October 18 have been without Instagram?
In short, like everything in life, social media have pros and cons, so you have to be aware of it. I remember that in my personal case, they helped me a lot to be able to talk and meet more people since I was very shy. However, now I think: Instagram didn't help me overcome my insecurities, but patched them and made me addicted to swiping the screen of my smartphone.
My Instagram: @ignacix.aguiirre
https://www.instagram.com/ignacix.aguiirre/


Comentarios
Publicar un comentario